add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Chippe

40 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cRj4pb my current rig 1 980 and adding 2 more 980ti to work all to work individually for rendering https://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-asus-geforce-gtx-980-ti-matrix-pcie-30-7010mhz-gddr5-gpu-1000mhz-boost-1075mhz-cores-2816-3x-dp- Can anyone help me with some cooling for the gpus ?

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Do you want to OC the GPUs?
  2. Get a good air flow in your computer case.
  3. Get a blower type GPU that exhausts air outside the case, not inside. I mean this kind of cooling setup on the GPU.
  4. If OCing you could consider water cooling on the CPU. You'll need to buy GPU water blocks specific to your model.
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you trying to ask?

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Graphics cards have cooling on them. The best kind are ones like the founders edition, (I think I own the AMD RX 480 equivalent to the cooling style) The card blows the air right out by itself mostly.

If you're worried about noise, I'd probably invest in MSi SeaHawk series. They have built in Corsair H55 water blocks already installed, so as long as you have enough fan slots on your case you should be fine.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

I want to make the statement that the Founders Edition coolers are only better in small/tight builds, or in builds with multiple GPUs very close by. In 85% of setups, the non-blower styles are much better. And as always, liquid trumps the others.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know, I read MSi Gaming X series is ideal for quiet GPU's but I wasn't so sure if the fan positioning would be ideal for multi-card setups, where the SeaHawks kick in I suppose.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

MSI's Gaming X series offers the most effective quiet-cooling solution for sure. Even at full load, the huge dual fans are pretty quiet, and they can get shut off entirely below a pretty high temperature. For a single-GPU solution, they are one of the best choices. Of course the Strix offers great competition by virtue of having 3 fans, but the quietness of the Gaming X is unmatched.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube