add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pre Made that allows upgradability

ProdigalSon

38 months ago

Under certain circumstances I've been looking to do exactly what the title says. With that being said however I will be going down the path of building my own PC but for now this is what I must contend with.

I've been searching on Amazon (yes, it must be there) for a good cheap first base model but I need to be sure I'm not screwing myself with an awful first PC to upgrade from.

Which is now why I find myself here. Any suggestions?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

While pre built's are usually poorly speced and overpriced, this is the best pre built PC you're gonna get. You could definitely build your own, but this is the best deal if you dont want to.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually I was thinking of cooling off my budget after getting whatever pre made so I can get a GTX 1080. Would that pre made still be able to gel with the 1080?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there a reason why you're looking at pre-built over building your own? You will almost always save money building it yourself over getting a pre-built.

If you're looking at pre-built PC, it's best not to go through Amazon, even if it is CYBERPOWER selling it. Go to their site, you get better service and customisation.

A GTX 1080 is a top-tier GPU, it's big, and it requires a fair amount of power to run. To get a pre-built PC that has components that'll do it justice you're going to end up spending a fair amount anyway.

Even if you are getting a pre-built PC, do your research on what components are good and what works best with what. I've got some links on my profile page that'll steer you in the right direction. :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't overclock on a H110 chipset motherboard.

I'd also be surprised if a 1080 fit in that case.

There's also no mention of the spec of the PSU included in that PC.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I read that after posting this! My bad. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube