add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BigTofu

38 months ago

Hello All,

First build I've ever done, and after a lot of research and a lot of swapping parts, I think I'm settled on this part list. Looking for some last minute advise or slight part substitution ideas. I would like the budget to remain around the same +/- a few $$. Thanks for the advice!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/n9dcxY

-Tofu

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to save money, drop down to a 1060. That'll be more than powerful enough for your 1080p monitor (which is also overpriced). Switch to a 1440p or 144hz display if you're keeping the 1070.

You can get a $40 cooler and drop the pricey water cooler and paste to save another ~$70. 6600K OC's very easily.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds good ill take a look at the cooler options. I am not too experienced with OC so i figured better be safe than sorry. As for the Monitor, i honestly dont know s**t about them so i was pointed towards this one. Ill take a look at some of the options that are in the specs you suggested as i would like to keep the GPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube