add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
CBrian1013

38 months ago

I would like to know any where in this build if i can upgrade, max budget would have to stay around the original price or up to $1100.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fKK2mG

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Your storage and stuff is fine.

I'd upgrade to a 1070 (EVGA FTW is my personal preference, but if you want a neutral color, you can go with the Strix from ASUS)

I'd also get a 6600k with an ASUS pro gaming aura or z170a gaming m5 (ASUS as a mobo company gets my pick). Any ddr4 2400 ram from gskill or corsair or crucial is good

Finally, I'd get a cryorig H5 utimate or universal and keep the fans included with the heatsink. You could also try the dark rock 3 from be quiet!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to upgrade a current build I would keep you mobo and go for the i7 4790k, add some faster ram, a nice gold rated psu, and if the 770 is starting to choke on some games for you, depending on your monitor rez & refresh, either a 1060 or 1070.

Maybe a better cpu cooler if you want to overclock (A nice water loop if one will fit in your case? This is a cheap 240mm rad that's getting killer reviews - http://pcpartpicker.com/product/Dt8H99/arctic-cooling-cpu-cooler-acfre00013a ).

[If you change the country flag in the top right corner you'll automatically get CAD prices & availability)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $438.89 @ DirectCanada
Memory G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory $89.99 @ Newegg Canada
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card $532.25 @ shopRBC
Power Supply SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $109.99 @ Newegg Canada
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1171.12
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-29 13:39 EDT-0400

A 1060 brings the price down to CAD$995

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube