add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
CBrian1013

38 months ago

Im just worried that my build isn't compatible and wont work? Any information would help thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/r6cHWX

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

your mother board (z170) is for overclocking but your cpu does not support it. It will work, but you can change it to a cheaper motherboard.

There is no OS in your build, I assume you must have it already.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What mother board would you recommend for gaming and streaming? that would be compatible.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Personally i'd go with Asus or Gigabyte H170 chipset probably if I had to, but myself I'd really get a k cpu and z170 board, just costs a bit more. They have different features, which you can see in the below links.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2099-intel-chipset-comparison-z170-h170-h110

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-100-series-chipsets,29993.html

Z: The Z-series chipsets are the top-of-the-line mainstream option. Intel normally launches its Z-series before any other chipsets in the family, shipping alongside early K-SKU CPUs of new architectures. Z chipsets are fully unlocked for overclocking, generally host more PCI-e lanes, and are the “premiere” offering among Intel's same-family chipsets. “Z” means “Performance” in Intel vernacular.

H: The H-series chipsets host the same CPUs and architectures as their more expensive Z counterparts, but are more feature-limited. The H chipsets will often include small business features that gamers will find useless, but also disable some other performance/enthusiast features (like overclocking) as a means to offset cost and reduce complexity.

B, Q: B and Q chipsets are targeted almost entirely at business. Small business features and virtualization features creep into the options offered by B and Q chipsets. Overclocking is disabled.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

you mind making the changes to my pc part picker then on your preferences?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

something like this would be my preference. You could do it cheaper of course without the K cpu/cooler and with a cheaper SSD. 8GB ram would also save a bit and it's all most any game needs, and you could add more later if ever need. I just left your PSU GPU etc. the same.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $227.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $49.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $142.98 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $158.57 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.71 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card $404.98 @ Newegg
Case Thermaltake Core V31 ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $43.33 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1228.53
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $1198.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-29 14:52 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

i see you added liquid cooling i like the whole build that you made is there any way you could change that into a fan cooling way

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything is compatible and should work. The parts I would change are the two storage drives and the power supply.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/KTCrxr/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp550ss3480gmc instead of two 240GB drives.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Why would you recommend me to change the storage is it because of having two?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. Unless you specifically require two SSD drives it is cheaper to buy a single larger drive.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

True. Thanks Buddy

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought you might be doing raid or something so didn't mention it. Usually 1 is better, or if doing 2 you would at least do the same one and not different model/brands.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh right

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube