add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H55 Would it be better?

iProbsShouldBeWorking

40 months ago

Hi guys my temps aren't exactly high or anything I don't think but im wondering if they can be improved! so basically I have a intake fan a exhaust fan and a fan on top of my PC set to exhaust. and above my front intake fan is the radiator for my H55, so I'm thinking would my temps be cooler if I swapped the exhaust fan for the radiator set the radiator fan to exhaust and put the exhaust one at the front as a intake so id have 2 intake fans, would that make the PC cooler?

I hope this makes sense

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

2 exhaust and 1 intake? I'm gonna get bad rap for this but that's some negative air pressure you got there, if your case has the option, go for 2 intake on the front and 1 exhaust in the back so you're getting more air in the front where (hopefully) a filter is instead of through every crack or place air can come in. The rad sitting in the exhaust in this setup would do you fine

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you already purchase the Corsair Hydro H55? Because it performs on par to a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I do already own it

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Just to make sure I am on the same page. You want to swap your fans so you have 1 Exhaust fan in the back. Two intakes on the front. And your radiator on the top directly exhausting the air radiator out the top ?

If that is the case I honestly don't think you would see too much of a difference for a few reasons.

First having two intake and one exhaust is better than two exhausts in my opinion because you would then have positive Air pressure in your case. With two exhaust you have negative pressure meaning you are sucking air thru every crack and space in your PC which will suck in dirt and dust. If you have positive air pressure you will be pushing air out of those cracks keeping dust from getting in which will help keep your PC clean.

Second. I had the same idea originally putting my radiator at the top of my case having it exhaust the heat directly out of the case thinking it would help keep the internal temps lower, but it does not actually quite work out that way. The reason radiators are listed to be put with intake fans as it increasing the cooling capacity of the cooler itself. You will have fresh cool air blowing right thru the radiator cooling it more efficiently which will cool your CPU better and thus the CPU outputs less heat into the case. So even though the air you are pulling into your case is a bit warmer from running thru the radiator you are putting off less over all heat inside of the case by keeping the CPU cool.

So overall if you were to make this change I don't see an overall change in your temperature.

Without knowing what case you have it hard to make suggestions on how to increase the cooling. Adding more fans as a whole would be my first suggestion. Intake fans from the front and bottom and exhaust from the back and top. Adding another fan to the front of the case to even out the air pressure and just add more intake sounds like it would help. If you case doesn't sit directly on the ground and has a bottom slot for a fan that would help as well. I hope some of this helps you out!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube