add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help finding Monitor and GPU

Lhudwolf

38 months ago

Hey guys!

i saved money and i am now able and willing to spend around 650€ on a computer. It is mainly going to be used for moderate Gaming (LoL, CS:GO, Bioshock, Borderlands) and for University.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor €200.93 @ Mindfactory
Motherboard ASRock H170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard €98.08 @ Mindfactory
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory €48.84 @ Mindfactory
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €53.90 @ Mindfactory
Case Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case €86.32 @ Mindfactory
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €488.07
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-01 15:47 CEST+0200

These are the parts i was looking to get. Problem is that i also need a Monitor and a GPU but i would be willing to buy a GPU at a later point or a used one from ebay.

For PSU i was planing to buy this one: http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/400-Watt-be-quiet--Pure-Power-9-Modular-80--Silver_1032106.html but i couldnt find it on this site to edit it in.

So please provide me with tips for GPU and a Monitor and general opinions about this part list.

Thanks in advance and i wish everyone a good weekend!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You are overshooting your build for your goals.

None of the games listed are really demanding and you could get by with lowering your CPU a bit and gutting down your expensive case and rerouting the money to the rest of your parts.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor €117.90 @ Mindfactory
Motherboard ASRock B150M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard €76.89 @ Mindfactory
Memory G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory €36.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €53.90 @ Mindfactory
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 460 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card €141.53 @ Mindfactory
Case Thermaltake Versa H25 ATX Mid Tower Case €40.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
Power Supply Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply €66.90 @ Caseking
Monitor Asus VP228TE 21.5" 75Hz Monitor €99.90 @ Amazon Deutschland
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €635.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-01 16:12 CEST+0200
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ty for your response! Yeah i know that the case is pricey but im really set on that minimalistic design. i would rather add 40 bucks to the budget ;)

thought about the rx 460 - seems to be a good card. definitly will look back into that. was set so far to safe and get a build apporiate gpu like a 970 or 1060...

i was sure the first thing thaat wouldve been to be cut would be the i5. is the i3 really that good?

thanks for that monitor suggestion. that was really my biggest issue to find a good monitor that wouldnt kill my budget but still be good (for my eyes aswell)

edit: also why the 550w psu? what is actually sucking that much energy in that build in ur opinion?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The i3 compensates it 2 core build with hyper threading and a really fast core clock of 3.7Ghz.

In most situations, it will pull about as much performance as an i5 unless you really are taxing your CPU with multitasking and CPU heavy applications.

Its defenitely a good CPU for sure specially since the games you listed aren't too demanding to begin with.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

My steam library consist of a few more games like gta, crysis, thief, tf2, dayz, etc. would the i3 still be able to run all those?

At what point would multitasking be to much? Like steam, lol, outlook, word and powerpoint? I know thats a rare combination, but i just want to learn.

Thanks again!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Crysis will likely run into a GPU bottleneck but you should be fine yes.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

oh wow, a 4GB GPU would still have problems? i dont have crysis 3 though :P

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

While it may or may not be a fine PSU, 400w would be a little low in my opinion maybe go for this http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/550-Watt-Corsair-CX-Series-CX550M-Modular-80--Bronze_1034120.html

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

what would suck that much energy? to my latest knowledge i thought that the new gpus take around 200 tops for the bigger ones. what is that demanding?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube