add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Last minute thoughts?

thedrew

38 months ago

I have heard rumblings of some price drops due to new GPUs and processors releasing in the near future. So should I wait it out a bit or just go ahead and buy? I want a fairly silent but powerful build. I'll be playing COD, GTA, BF, etc. Want to be able to run them at 60FPS, 1080p with max graphics. Trying to be future proofed for at least several years with the occasional upgrade. No 4k gaming, so do I really need this motherboard and an over clockable CPU? I do however plan to get an Oculus or a Vive. Also how huge of a difference is it between the RAM speeds? Just trying to see where I could save some more money if possible without sacrificing much. Already bought the monitor on B&H for 140. Im looking into different cases as well, not sure if I am to crazy about this one. I'd like to stay with mid-ATX sized with maybe some LEDs but not to bright. The closer I can get to $1000 the better. Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dbYGJV

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Bump

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube