add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can you guys tell me if this build sucks horribly?

KingOfTheBadgers

38 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/cHKh7h

This is mainly built for upgrading, so don't worry about that.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

their is no point in getting a 6600 for the cpu, get a 6500

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks m8.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

np

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

WAIT, DON'T GET OEM WINDOWS

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The main wrinkle I see is that you chose the i5-6600. Only the i5-6600k is overclockable, so your current list puts a lot of money into features/coolers that won't be fully utilized with the non-k i5.

Assuming you meant to choose the unlocked i5-6600k, it looks great. I'd personally suggest looking at the Strix 1070 since it offers better cooling and power delivery. It's a black/gunmetal color design with RGB accents, so you can still keep the black/white theme going on it too.

I'd also look into the MSI Krait Gaming 3X motherboard, which is usually about the same price or less than the AR, but usually has more gaming-oriented features while offering a strong black/white theme

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

oh i missed the z170 i just assumed he would get a b150

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

OEM windows makes it near impossible to make future upgrades. Get the retail version.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd switch to an i5-6500; the difference between that and the 6600 doesn't make it worth the price increase, then get the Asus Z170-A instead; it includes more ports.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube