add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time build, opinion on changing some of my components

jacobma

38 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/jacobma/saved/

This is my first build I've bought all of the components but after reading up it seems like I should change the ssd drive to a samsung one for longevity. What do you guys think ? Also for the graphic card I went for Palit GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Video Card but there is some many brands out and I'm wondering if I should of picked a different brand, any tips ?

Thanks for responding.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Bump

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks fine to me

The only thing i found iffy about the graphic card is that it don't have a backplate

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Mmm wouldn't that mean better air flow ? Or am I completely mistaken?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think backplate really affect airflow, since backplate is located in the back and the cooler is blowing air directly to the gpu

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think the MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G. 1920 would be a better choice?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess that depends on the price of that card. Don't get me wrong, the MSI GTX1070 Gaming X is the better card from a more reputable maker of the two. And it have higher factory oc, better cooling (better oc potential), and stuff. But in the end they're both a GTX 1070 card and the performance won't be that much different. Going with the cheapest card, which the Palit Dual is, are usually a good idea.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think the longevity will be the samend?

Also the MSI is only £8 more

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube