add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My first PC build to join the MASTER RACE. Opinions wanted!

Askeens07

38 months ago

I have been a poor console peasant all these years and now Im selling my ps4 and building a pc.

Comment on my build below and thanks a lot for the feedback!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BP69Cy

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

welcome brother

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

At that large of a budget, you should really look into getting 16gb of ram for like $15 more.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I already added 16gb just forgot to save. Thanks for the help though!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I changed you SSD and PSU. I have had bad experiences with the Kingston. The Adata one Is better in that price range IMO. Also that PSU isn't a very good EVGA model. I added the 650W rosewill hive semi modular. I again use this exact PSU and it is amazing.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $237.49 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $149.39 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $50.98 @ Newegg
Storage Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.96 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ Amazon
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card -
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Case Fan Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan $17.99 @ Amazon
Monitor BenQ XL2411T 24.0" 144Hz Monitor -
Keyboard Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $29.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $750.76
Mail-in rebates -$25.00
Total $725.76
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-03 01:56 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot man! All good changes that I will be making in my build!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem man. It's always nice when you can make good changes and it lowers the price a little!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Which ssd did you choose? I think you forgot to save it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive is what he had

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah but he was going to change it to an Adata and I was just wondering the model.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Adata 120 GB

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You should have kept that ps4 for the exclusive though.

Anyway, about your build:

1. Get a larger ssd, somewhere around 240-256 GB should be good. Maybe something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/product/gf98TW/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp550ss3240gmc

2. Which brand/model GTX 1070 are you going to buy? Don't buy the reference/Founder Edition unless you really like the looks of it

3. That motherboard support SLI, do you think you'll ever try 1070 SLI? If so, buy a psu with sufficient wattage.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

SLI is a sufficient option, but I don't think I have the experience building to make an SLI. Also, it is very expensive and Im trying to keep the build under $1200. I will however try an SLI water cooled build in the future, but right now it is just wishful thinking.

Thank you so much for your feedback though!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Then go for 650-700W power supply so you don't need to replace it when you try SLI

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Also about the gtx 1070, Im buying the normal edition, Nothing special. I will however look at the new ssd.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

By normal edition, do you mean the one that look like this?

http://www.techspot.com/articles-info/1182/images/Image_01S.jpg

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, sorry... I'm still new to this. I just want a 1070, preferably the cheapest model.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I went with a gigabyte geforce 1070 8gb mini graphics card. What do you think?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If anyone can help, I am a little iffy about the case fan, will it work with this case and for this advanced hardware? If there are any other case fans that are cheaper or better quality than this one, please let me know! Thanks!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's the product page of your case http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-series-200r-compact-atx-case

If you look at the tech-spec, it contains the case fan mount location. A 140mm fan can only be mounted on top as exhaust or side as intake.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That video was very helpful. Do you suppose I go with a 140mm or something else?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends on how much case fan you want. An efficient setup seems to be 1 intake 1 exhaust, in which case the pre-installed fan would be enough, or a 2 intake 2 exhaust setup in which case you need to buy 2 more 120mm fan.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

My updated pc build. Thank you all for the fantastic feedback!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nTBXRG

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Change your ssd, power supply, and case. They all stink and there are better options for around the same price. Don't worry about case fans lol, you're fine where you are. Otherwise, you have a pretty solid gaming PC.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What case do you recommend? I went with the 200r because I have seen reviews saying that it is cheap and efficient.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The 200r retails at 60$ and is not very aesthetically pleasing. The 100r is about $20 less and has a case window. To be honest with you, I would just get an s340 for an extra $6 because it is a better quality case and looks sexy.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That is what I'm getting, I just forgot to add it to my list. Thanks for the help!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

lol no prob

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you guys for all the help on my build! My first impressions of the pc master race is that you guys are awesome! This is my final build that I will start buying piece by piece at the end of the year. Thanks again guys!

My final Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rWF74C

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

if i was you i would get a 650w psu like the https://pcpartpicker.com/product/h3FXsY/evga-power-supply-220gs0650v1

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I would keep the PS4 for exclusives.

Not sure if that extra case fan is really necessary at this point. The case already comes with 2x 120. I also recommed a better PSU, specifically with an 80+ gold rating. IMO, shouldn't go cheap on the PSU.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really a fan of the ps exclusives imo...

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You have some pretty good parts in that build... but it's a shame that you decided to go cheap on the PSU. You don't want a cheap PSU to be the end of a good build.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Is an evga 650w 80+ gold good enough?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

yes

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi and welcome!

Advice by other people is good... not much more I can add! But I did want to ask you how much you got for your ps4? I know people have been saying keep for exclusives, but I am in the same position as you and would be extra money towars a beat of a PC build!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm torn between keeping my ps4 and selling it, I don't really like ps exclusives but I want to keep it for college or whatnot. As for you, thanks for the feedback on my build but I think you should ask yourself how much you like ps games and exclusives, if you don't, just sell it for pc money :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I'm not that bothered by the exclusives either. It's just cool and nice to have around when you have mates round and just wanna chill and play a local multiplayer game with each other.

If you're in college I think then maybe you should keep it. I'm out of college now and at least when I think about it I realise that I would use it with mates a lot more when I was in college whereas now it is probably a rare occurrence.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Precisely.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

My final FINAL build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hwzmCy

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man! After reviewing all the feedback I received, yours is very helpful. You answered my question about the ssd I was using. One question, do you think I would want a beefier PSU than a 550w? Because I have people saying I should get a 750w.

Thanks again for your help!

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

if you are looking for the middle ground you could go with this one from evga. its a 650w 80+ gold and for $60 (after rebate) its a total steal!!! https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kz7CmG/evga-power-supply-210gq0650

its semi-modular and the cables are all black which is nice

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man! this is what I'll go with.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I hope I enjoy my stay!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube