add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ANY opinions on this build??

jesterclown

38 months ago

My last post got no feedback http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tQ69Cy

Ive always had hand me down desktops my laptop blew and the ps4 isnt meeting my needs. I want this pc to do gaming/video editing/and photo editing.

I play massive open world games and graphic intensive games such as witcher 3, wow, doom (2016) was hoping to get into more

I was thinking of sli 1070 for budget but recommend the 1080 im open for discussion

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

It looks fine as it is, I think. However a single 1070 is not sufficient for 4k gaming. Even a single 1080 is pushing it.

I see a bunch of ways to lower the cost, but if you're fine with the price then I don't particularly see any need to change anything.

If you're on the fence between sli 1070 and a single 1080 right now, I always suggest going with the single stronger GPU. SLI isn't always supported by games, and it's far from perfect.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly i found the mobo for $150 same price as the asus z170A some of these prices are raised for convenience of one stop website ordering so pcpartpicker prices are not reflecting what ill actually pay.

As for the 1080 vs 1070 then adding another in sli same question if i go with the single 1080 would i and i sli later will that psu handle that or do i need an 850.

Also case fans do i need more?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

For the PSU, 650w is enough unless you overclock every component to the absolute extreme maximum. Even then, it could do it. Your current selection is fine. The RMx is fantastic.

As for case fans, you should be fine. The front slot comes filled, as does the rear slot. That leaves the bottom, side, and top. I'd put the AIO rad either in the front or the top (putting the included 200mm fan in that section not used by the rad), which fills out another section. Bottom case fans are almost never necessary, same with side.

If you decide to put the AIO rad on the front, I'd suggest adding two static pressure fans so that you can maximize both the AIO's cooling potential as well as increasing the positive pressure in the case. If you put it on the top, you should be good to go.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure hit me with your ideas to slim the prices tho

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Assuming you can get the Asus Hero for $150 like you said, I was able to get a 1080 and a stronger CPU cooler in the list for roughly the same price as your original list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/z4BC8K

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Sweet find. Since it's open box, I definitely advise giving it a thorough inspection upon receiving it. If anything seems off about it, don't hesitate to contact Newegg or Asus support about it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the switches but i also found out the corsair h100i v2 is about 100 i havent read much about the x61 is it worth the extra money

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube