add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 200r vs Nxzt source 210 vs Nxzt source 210 elite

polevault8

73 months ago

I am looking for a very minimalist case for my build. These seem to be the three best cases for this price range.. Out of these what would you recommend. Also what are the differences between the 210 and 210 elite. I will be running an fx 8350 cpu and r9 280x gpu.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair 200r is $30 after MIR on newegg. That's a pretty good deal in my opinion. You really can't go wrong with any of these cases though.

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

The NZXT 210 series is extremely narrow. It just barely clears a Hyper 212 EVO heatsink.

I combined the two in a build for my brother and putting on the acrylic-windowed side panel was like sailing an oil tanker through the Panama Canal.

If my brother ever bumps, pats, taps, breaths, or farts at that side panel, the heat pipes on the H212 EVO will scratch the window. So take that into account if you're looking for tower-based air cooling. The thickness issue will be present on any case with a similar thickness.

If you're getting the full-metal non-windowed version, get some electrical tape or thermal pads and stick them to the side panel where the heat pipes would touch, because I'd be afraid of shorting out my system just from touching the side panel to the heatsink. Not sure if that's a thing, but it would make me nervous nonetheless.

• 73 months ago
  • 0 points

the only difference between the 210 and the 210 elite is that the elite has usb 3.0 on the front panel which is what most new mobos have. personally i like the 210 elite the best. it comes with 2 exaust fans so you might wanna grab 2 120mm fans for the front as intake fans and thenit will have equal pressure

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube