add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Hector1908

38 months ago

This is the link to my parts list http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qxjdbj . It says The motherboard M.2 slot #0 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6Gb/s ports are disabled . Can anyone explain how bad this is or if I need those ports or not? Thank you .

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Just means that 2 sata ports are disabled when you use the M.2. You likely have 6 or 8 sata ports. Just a note on that M.2 samsung 950 pro, if your mobo doesn't have a 4x M.2, you aren't going to get the full capability of that ssd and might as well save some money with a 850 pro/evo

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

How do I know if it doesn't have 4x M.2.? Sorry I'm still noob to this . Thanks .

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I echo what Huge said, with the small clarification that the SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are PROBABLY only disabled if the m.2 drive is SATA; if it is PCI-E x4 then the SATA 6.0 Gb/s port will PROBABLY not be disabled . My m.2 is PCI-E and none of my SATA ports are affected. Do read the mobo manual as recommended (but at that price it ought to be PCI-E), and double check the spec of the M.2. Again, as Huge says if it is not PCIE it's not worth the price premium.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks .

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube