add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions MITX Cases

Dtm209

32 months ago

I will be building gaming pc for college soon and i dont know if i want to use the Nzxt Manta or the Phanteks itx red case

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

The panteks itx case looks lower quality than the matx and atx evolv versions (more plastic than metal...they might have switched to steel rather than aluminum too). The manta is pretty big for an ITX case BUT it is an awesome bullet proof chassis.

While the Caselabs bullet BH2 is expensive, it gets my vote :) I have a build in my log here that shows it off :) Otherwise Lian Li PC-Q10 is also a sweet itx chassis I would like to use too.

Really depends on what you want to do storage wise and if your going to overclock as some smaller cases limit the cooling. I have my 6700k at 4.6ghz with the Noctua U9S and the BH2 and that cooler will fit many ITX chassis.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't plan on having any traditional HDD's then the node 202 is by far a good choice. I finally got one and have loved it long time since getting it. But it only has the ability to hold 2 ssd's (or small form factor HDD's) and whatever m.2 slot(s) you have on your MB. YOu could add more, but you will have to get really really creative.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're looking at size/footprint, in between the very large (for an mITX) EVOLV ITX and very small Node 202 are cases like the Fractal Design Core 500 and Node 304, Cooler Master Elite 110 and Elite 130, and the Silverstone SG line.

• 32 months ago
  • 0 points

Both are huge. I wouldn't get either.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

what would you recommend. i will have an i5 6600k and an gtx 1070

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA Hadron or Node 202

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube