add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need pro advice and tips on build

jasonbet71

38 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BDr4pb Hi, I'm kind of a noob to all of this so please help and try to keep it simple :)

Some information: 1. I don't plan on overclocking 2. I'm planning on using this for gaming but I don't plan on going crazy with maximum settings and all, just something that can run the game well. 3. As I mentioned earlier, I am a noob (though I have been spending a couple hours reading different guides and continue to do so), I understand that there is probably more that needs to be added to this build. 4. I am aware that this build does not come equip with a mouse, headset, and keyboard. These are things that I have struggled to make decisions on because there are so many and all of the sites I go on to learn more can't seem to agree on something XD. I don't plan on having a mouse with more than 5 buttons or a crazy keyboard, however, I would like a fairly decent headset, stressing mic quality (some tend to fall out of position which is very irritating). I also don't care about cool colors for the keyboard and I would take a comfortable mouse over a stylish one any day. (I prefer wired mouse because the really good wireless ones are too expensive.) 5. After adding mouse, keyboard, and monitor (along with anything else I might be missing or something you guys highly recommend getting) I hope to spend no more than roughly $1100.

I am aware that there are plenty of builds out there that are around the price range I'm looking for, but I have made this build because I feel it's the best way for me to get the feedback I need (and plus it's pretty fun XD). Thank you all in advanced and I hope I provided sufficient information without overdoing it.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 0 points

Jason your spending way too much on the windows 10 you can get it 4 times cheaper or even free if you have a friend. there are many way to get windows 10 really cheap so don't spend too much money on it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You aren't going to get it any cheaper than on here for a legit copy and you are referring to grey market keys which is basically the same as pirating under MS eyes. Do not listen to his advice about getting a cheaper key, you will be breaking the TOS and will be at risk of having your key deactivated which there is a good chance of.

Its either all or nothing for Windows. Either you pay for it i.e buy a legit copy or don't i.e getting it free by being a student or don't activate it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Vagabond that method is not illegal or against the law. For example if you see the same gtx 1080 for 800 used for 1 day and another one for $1000 unused. Wouldn't you go with the first option because its the same thing and its not against the law. The difference is that it was used for 1 day. Of course there are illegal ways to get windows 10 but there are legal way to get it too for a smaller amounnt but your buying it from a different person.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It breaks the ToS to buy it from a grey market which is the only way to get it a lot cheaper outside of crazy luck of some sort, if you don't believe me go ask the staff. They won't take you to court but they likely will the sellers if they are caught. Windows keys aren't the same as hardware.

The sale of those keys violate Microsoft ToS, and the keys may be unexpectedly disabled. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

oh okay thanks. I didn't know about this. More info in life the better =)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube