add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

first build + problem....help?

SupaRoyal

38 months ago

Hi people this is my first build and I think i'm doing fine with it but would love to here opinion and suggestions from you guys!!!

Also there is a compatibility problem, I don't really know what it means but has something to do with the CPU and Motherboard... help please?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/bGGrM8

Thank You for the help!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything looks fine except the CPU/mobo/RAM combo. Don't go AMD right now if you can avoid it. Instead grab an H110 or B150 board with an i3 or Pentium and DDR4 RAM. Will be a much better PC than an AMD would.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It's just a CYA move as some mobos might require a slight firmware update before the cpu will work, but I completely agree with Bran_Flakes tho, an amd build is not a good option right now as it's already know that their next gen cpus (architecture codename zen) will not be compatible with the current mobos.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi. thank you for the reply xpat and bran_flakes I changed the mobo but couldn't find a good Intel CPU for a good price. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VfYMCy any suggestion?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Intels i3 6100 is a good alternative for a gaming focused build, userbenchmark gives it an almost 30% advantage over the 6300 although if you google "i3 6100 vs fx 6300" (or similar) and check some of the youtube split screen comparisons they get pretty close fps, slight edge to the i3 iirc, which I'd class as a win as you're getting the same performance but with a really great cpu upgrade path for the future.

I changed the ssd as apparently the sp550 can suffer from early slow down.

And the gpu to a 1060 3gig, everyone says avoid the 3gig and get the 6gig 1060 but that pushes the budget up another $50 or so, the 3gig model still beats the 460 as per userbenchmark -

Also swapped the monitor for an ips model as they have better colours and viewing angles, and upgraded the psu to gold standard as that'll save you money in the long run via a cheaper electricity bill.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $110.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $56.98 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $35.98 @ Newegg
Storage OCZ TRION 150 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.69 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card $204.98 @ Newegg
Case NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $66.69 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $68.99 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor $110.98 @ Newegg
External Storage Toshiba Canvio Desk 3TB External Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Other DBPOWER DB-A8 Wired LED Gaming Keyboard - Black $22.99
Other PECHAM Extended Non-Slip Waterproof Rubber Base 3mm Thick Gaming Mouse Pad, XX-Large - Black $10.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $763.27
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $733.27
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-04 17:28 EDT-0400

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube