add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My second build, was going with X99 but changed my mind.

trevionpaul

38 months ago

Going to be mostly for gaming but definitely want to give other activities such as editing a go.

The build I want: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/trevionpaul/saved/#view=7r6XLk

The build I have: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/trevionpaul/saved/#view=sRJVnQ

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Overkill PSU, 750W at most is all you need and you're better off with 1 1080 video card. Or, just keep using your 1 980ti; it's still very much viable.

If you want a second 980ti, they have your exact model on EVGA B-Stock for $369 which is worth looking into. It's a certified refurb.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Power supply was originally for 980ti amp extremes. I only picked up the 980ti cause it was 350. Need another for 4k also.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it's a cheaper route than buying a 1080

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Almost to good 980ti's for the price of one 1080.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I would stick with the 6600k rather then spending more and moving to the 6700k. Just give the 6600k an overclock and you get same performance for gaming in most cases and for editing respectable performance. I would rather save the cash and wait a few months for kabylake and the new boards then sidegrade. Just my two cents.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah true, going to keep 6600k and save money.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I need abother 980ti for 4k and I know games don't always scale but I play most AAA games. I cgoose the memkey cause o like the led.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Believe I would love to buy cheaper memory but I'm definitely going for looks this time around.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it gets pretty good performance in 4k, obviously not all games are going to scale well or even at all. Enough for me. Yeah it seems like 850watts would have been good enough.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advise, need another 980ti for 4k. You're actually right about the processor. Just going to keep 6600k.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I want 1080 144hz for competitive shooters and 4k for eye candy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube