add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Choosing the right case

Juukyuu

38 months ago

With my build mostly done (can be seen here and a change to my motherboard from ATX to mATX, i've been looking into mATX cases for the last couple of days. I know that most people now like their NZXT S340 case and getting an external ODD but I like mine where it should fit, inside the case.

The dilema right now is that I first stopped on the Fractal design define R5 but on a random video today (while looking for the MSI mobo install on youtube) I saw that the Corsair 350D might be a good alternative for a couple of bucks less and a smaller chassis.

Any comments on both cases would be welcome, and any one that I wouldn't have tought are also a good thing :)

Just set your shipping to canada since we don't seem to have the same availabilities as the us.

Thanks

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

So you want a black case of mATX size, window, and small profile. Do you prefer looks over functionality or vice versa? Also, do you want a bit of color/ LED's?

Also, MSI Twin Frozr Graphics Cards tend to be on the larger (taller) side in my experience. Definitely check whichever case you choose for graphics card sizes and the like. Also, take into account the necessary extra centimeters(inches) for cables.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Black case of mATX if possible but ATX also fits, no windows needed and I don't care too much about looks. I'm looking for a well ventilated and constructed case with good cable management. It's going to be under the desk anyway .

Thanks for the heads up on the msi twin frozr, i'll check that out tomorrow.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $69.99
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $49.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-06 01:58 EDT-0400

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube