add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for a second opinion

Durdrojin

38 months ago

I'm building my first PC. I've watched hour of videos on how to do it and what to look for and I think it's finally done. I'm just not 100% sure on the PSU as it is a rather old module. If you guys could give my build a look over that would be awesome.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $306.95 @ shopRBC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $34.99 @ Amazon Canada
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $229.99 @ Newegg Canada
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $124.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 120GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $79.99 @ Memory Express
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $92.99 @ Newegg Canada
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1 Gaming Video Card $384.89 @ DirectCanada
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (Gunmetal/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $114.99 @ Newegg Canada
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Newegg Canada
Optical Drive LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer $67.11 @ DirectCanada
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $115.50 @ shopRBC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1642.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-06 13:31 EDT-0400

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/fBXt3F

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It all looks good to me.

For the PSU, its a fine unit. You could get something like an EVGA SUpernova G2 if you wanted to but the one you have is fine as is no worries.

If you never built a PC, going with the full retail version of WIndows 10 also makes installation of the OS easier.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Could change the case and get a cheaper/nicer one?

Such as

NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower

These cases usually come in all sorts of colors and are perfect to build in. Also with this can you will be able to see everything inside.

You could save $40 on the optical drive as youll only need this to download windows 10 and also the drivers if you wanted to.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Not so sure on the smaller changes you made but I'll definitely take a closer look at that motherboard. Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube