add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Curved UWQHD Gaming Build - wait for Black Friday?

csavarese

38 months ago

My dream PC build - http://pcpartpicker.com/list/96RNzM

I'm aiming to run 3440x1440 @ 100Hz with max settings on most current games. I'm hoping to OC the processor to the 4.4-4.8GHz range, and the GPU to 2.1GHz with the factory OC mode. The beefy PSU is there to set me up for 2xSLI in a year or two.

Would love any comments and recommendations on the part selections.

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth waiting for Black Friday sales. Any opinions on how much I might save, and on which parts?

Thank you all!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Just build now, or if you insist on waiting, wait until Cyber Monday deals, though the price differential in the end may not be as much and you can start building now.

I'd get this PSU:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $128.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $128.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-06 18:30 EDT-0400

Yes, it's lower wattage/costs more, but it's newer and your build won't get to 850W even in SLI.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, thanks for the quick feedback, commodore64. I took your advice and swapped that PSU into my saved build. So tempting to pull the trigger and buy it all right now! I kind of suspect I'd only save about 10% total by waiting, but I'm having trouble getting Google to help me answer that question. Would love to hear more opinions! Thanks!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You have a better chance on getting sales on Newegg's regular weekly/weekend sales, honestly. Black Friday deals are much better for electronics like consoles and TVs.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool, thanks montiago! Maybe the monitor then...

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe! If only we could tell the future

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Do the price histories shown here on pcpartpicker.com include holiday sales? For example, if I change the history to show me 1 year, I should be able to see if any of my parts went on sale last Black Friday. Would Black Friday sales be captured in these price histories? Thanks again for the feedback!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube