add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New to building pc good advice would be extremely appreciated

mrpersonface

38 months ago

I am new to PC building and want to start. I already have a build planned and has done research. I am looking for a mid to low tier pc that can run any game smoothly, I am not too picky about graphics as long as they are not too bad. My budget is £800-£1000 if that is what it needs but lower the price the better. I can show you my current parts I have picked. All I ask is for advice and tips and any suggestions to edit my build. I will be grateful for any help so if you read this and have the time please give me anything to help me. If you have any questions about what I want please ask. I really want to get into pc building and I will also have money later on for upgrades. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £213.34 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £29.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £87.60 @ Amazon UK
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £66.99 @ Ebuyer
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £84.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £42.43 @ Amazon UK
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX OC Video Card £229.97 @ Ebuyer
Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case £33.99 @ Ebuyer
Power Supply EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply £34.74 @ CCL Computers
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM 64-bit £39.00 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £863.04
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-08 14:23 BST+0100
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot for the advice. I did look at that RAM and had it in my build, I also heard the 8gb GPU was pointless and I was unsure about my hard drives. Thank you for the help it is greatly appreciated, I just want a pc to run any game at some decent quality but not to powerful so it stays in my budget. Personally I like blue but that one looks pretty good, I may look around more for cases, but if it does the job and isn't too ugly I don't care. :)

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually the picture makes it look much better, the photo I saw made it look a bit meh, probably will go with that. Blue has to be my favourite colour but maybe with the extra money I can buy something external that is blue to incorporate in my setup like a blue keyboard etc. Anyway thanks for the help.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube