add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC Build - Looking for Opinions and Possible Edits

LukePurnell

38 months ago

Hi everyone,

I've refining the following PC build for a while: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7J27wV (£850-ish)

I would like to know if you guys think it's any good or not and if any alternative components would be better.

I'm already over my ideal budget (£800-ish) and don't want to make it any more expensive than it already is.

I don't really plan on overclocking or doing anything too advanced. I'm just looking for some very comfortable gaming at 1080p60 and plenty of future-proofing.

Thanks guys for your help, in advance.

PS: Personally, I prefer using Intel CPUs and nVdia Graphics cards, but I am willing to change that if an alternative brand is much better.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I suggest you change the GPU to the MSI gtx 1060 6gb OC (the non X edition).

The MSI has 2 fans and is not a blower design so it will be less noisy. The MSI is priced about the same price as the one you have in your list.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the quick reponse. Yeah that's probably a good idea to get a better fan on my graphics card. But the MSI GTX 1060 variant is quite a bit more costly than other variants on Amazon (my ideal place to buy parts from), and I don't want to stretch my budget too far. Would the Gigabyte Windforce 6GB version be just as good? Its priced closer to the ASUS one on my list than the MSI one is. Thanks :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea that one is good as well.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, is everything good with my other compoments? This is my first full PC build so I'm a bit of a rookie.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehe,

hmm for the power supply, you can change that to a CXM 550. It is semi-modular(means that the power supply will contain all the necessary wires and there will be extra cables you can plug in to meet your needs.)

Before I go in deeper, can you tell me what you will be using this pc for. If I know its usage, then I can recommend some changes, such as gaming, recording, rendering, etc.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks. I think I went a bit overkill with the PSU (didn't want to get one that would explode under pressure). And modular would be a better option (just a tad more expensive). I'll be using this PC for everyday tasks and gaming. I'm switching from consoles to PC and want a good build to last for a reasonably long time. As for gaming specifically, I'm hoping to be able to run at around 1080p on very high settings (max if possible at this pricerange) at a high FPS (60+). I'll probably be playing a variety of different games, some more intensive than others.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube