add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need help to pick a PSU

Renan003
  • 42 months ago

What's up everyone? I'm building a low budget PC and this is how it looks so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Renan003/saved/Dzccf7 The last part that I'm going to pick is the PSU, but I have a doubt. As it shows there, my power consumption will be around 383w, but I don"t know how much it will be when I overclock the FX 8320E (i think it will go from the stock 95w to something around the 200w). I'm aware that there's no way to know for sure how much it will be without running tests with it, but I need to choose my PSU before it anyways... Add to that the fact that I can't spend more than 40$ on it, and to make it worse I'm not a US resident, so my buying options are Amazon, Best Buy and physical stores (I'm going to NY on the end of october). Soooo what PSU I can get that would handle that monster?

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

you need more money... youll want a 600-650w psu ideally for your setup if your planning to oc... and a decent one will be around $60 by todays prices... http://pcpartpicker.com/product/nB3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii620bronze

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Do you have any of the parts yet, which country do you live in and what is your budget, purpose of build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube