add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ANOTHER all white build ($1500ish limit)

bootsdodge

38 months ago

Well after wanting a custom PC for atleast 10 years. I'm finally taking the dive.

The build is going to have as much white as possible

Besides having to be white. My other criteria were. 1500ish limt,

future proof ( as much as possible),

Vr ready,

Handle editing of videos

My laptop can not handle me previewing a video with out is freezing and messing up. Have to render to see what it looks like then go back and make changes.  that gets tiring,

must look good inside and out. I don't like any of those cases with all the angles.

the only things that isn't white is the cooler. I would go with a cooler that just sits over the cpu. But I have not seen any that will look good.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VdwzvV

I will be purchasing everything on the 1st of November, and will take photos of the progress.

WHAT DO YA THINK. if ya think I can cut down costs somewhere let me know. always game for that.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Really good all white air-cooler (I don't want to talk you out of the water-cooling)

Check out these other water-coolers:

Number1 Number 2

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm liking number 1. Looks good. Can paint the black parts no problem.

Now to figure a way to cover the tubing up.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm, I seriuosly don't know which nail-polish or acrylic paint you can use without damaging anything.

For an "all white" solution, I found this: http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/86/name/ICEKIMO%20240W

BUT I don't know if it is good quality.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll have to look up more info on that one later Thanks

Hmm maybe some type of tape or a crazy idea. Plastidip the hose but Idk.

Maybe this http://m.cabletiesandmore.com/products-of-spiral-wrap-cut-lengths-949

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Though the gtx 1079 dual is all white, it doesn't have a back plate, AND, it's pretty bad compared to other 1070s at the same price range. Do you really need an i7? And i5 is fine for today's computing world.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah not having a back plate has been bothering me.

Pardon my complete stupidity. What's so bad about it?

Wanted the i7.for 2 reasons. 1 2 of my IT friends recommend it. 2 to make sure it can handle editing with no issues and finally like it stated. Wanted future proof.

Thanks for the help

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I'll never really say future proofing really existed or ever will, it's very easy to upgrade a cpu in the future. But yeah, the i7 is very good. Not having a backplate ruins the aesthetic for me. The back of the gpu will be black with little solver things sticking out.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It amazing how much of a split there is with the phrase "future proof". Some folks belive in it, some don't, and some kinda belive it.

What are your thoughts on the gpu that will_rippey recommended compared to the original one I picked. Besides itb acutely having a back plate

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Its alot better in my opinion, not only are the aesthetics better, but the white looks nicer and i think it's better in terms of performance.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Big question for everyone. Is the asus mobo I picked aura capable. I have messaged Asus on Facebook and Twitter, with no response from them.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you really need a fully modular system AND 700 W? I would suggest getting a semi modular system with a higher efficiency rate (which is cheaper).

The PSU I use is the EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply and it's $59.99

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm fully fine with semi-modular. Especially since it's a lower cost

Just so long as someone can recommend the correct white extensions I'll need.

I will say. I don't have the slightest idea about the whole certified thing for Psu's. Will be researching that in more detail tonight

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Bronze,silver,gold,platinum ratings is like low to high efficiency certified PSU.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $324.95 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $137.98 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $89.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $184.99 @ B&H
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $74.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card $425.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $155.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1494.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-11 00:15 EDT-0400

PSU I listed will be MUCH better than yours. I7 will crush your rendering, 1070 will be great in VR.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

now i do have to ask. Why did you go with that mother board compared to the one i picked? Simply based on price or am i just missing something. Cause the mother board and the case are the 2 things that would take alot for me to change.

That case is awsome but the only reason i would not like that is the black inside.

Thanks for your advice

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly I just picked the motherboard cause it was white, lol. Since your stuck on the case and mobo you could keep those. The case I chose because I lust over it so much.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9qyV4C There. I think this is better. Keeps your case and mobo, gets rid of the water cooling cause its expensive and it gets you a great power supply that's all white and reliable from a great brand.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

cool im liking that setup. At the peak of my budget.

now just have to decide. between the asus 1070 and the galax 1070. starting to go towards the galax cuase it has the backplate and the rgb lighting.

But it comes down to performance and reliability between the 2. and that. i gots no idea.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Performance should be pretty close.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

So after adding the 1070 from galax. part picker is showing Compatibility issues with the case.

The Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case supports video cards up to 472mm long, but video cards over 347mm may block drive bays. Since the GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB EX OC SNPR White Video Card is 371mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

Would just have to remove one of the hard drive bays then?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Sometimes that error is listed for the removal of drive bays. If you put your drives on the lowest bays in the case you shouldn't have any issue removing them without removing your video card as well. But it's hard to tell with that case. I would look up a build log of someone building in the case for more info on the orientation.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

after watching a quick clip looks like there are 2 sections of bays. it seems you are able to remove either or both. going to keep watching youtube.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is the updated list. Thoughts.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $339.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $79.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $172.98 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $79.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $99.99 @ Dell Small Business
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $73.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB EX OC SNPR White Video Card $429.99
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case $159.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $105.99 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.88 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter $29.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1647.57
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $1637.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-12 05:40 EDT-0400
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

one big last question. thoughts on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820329008
500gb ssd for $124 sale ends in 19hours then goes up 15 bucks.

that price seems real good and after reading reviews from newegg and tomshardware. seems worth it.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm liking that gpu a lot. Good find.
And the price once windows is added is about the same.

Just need to add white extensions which I have not the slightest idea about and swap the coolers fans for white ones.

Thanks a bunch

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube