add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My ~$1000 Dollar Editing/Gaming/Recording PC

PCDanbo

38 months ago

I have made this design with some help from the fellow pcpartpicker society.

Before I go and buy all the parts like a mad man, please review my parts and be free to criticize my build. (It is hard to not get crazy when it is your first build. You will know what I mean if you had this experience.)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $294.68 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170-GAMING 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $103.98 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $69.58 @ NCIX US
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC Video Card $258.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $62.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $82.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1017.68
Mail-in rebates -$15.00
Total $1002.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-10 08:44 EDT-0400

I will be buying the parts from Micro Center ("_') AKA "The consumer magnet for computers"

If I am going to be recording 3 hour long 720p videos each day, how long would my hard drive last considering that I will be putting the video files only in the hard drive, not the ssd.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Solid build!

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response :D

I have chosen the i7-6700 for my editing and rendering purposes and I do not plan on overclocking. I understand that the GTX 1060 cannot support SLI so there is no point of the H170 ATX motherboard. But, it is just 10 more that a micro one and I might as well have it just in case.(I have heard this Motherboard is good)

As for the Ram, I chose the 4x4gb DDR4-2133 because the motherboard only supports up to DDr4-2133 and that it was on sales. 4x4gb for 55 dollars. Is that worth the buy or should I consider buying a 2x8gb. That would increase my budget by 20 dollars.

Anyways, thanks for your response :-) , I appreciate ever response I can get.

P.S: Do you know that answer to the about of space a 30 min 720p video takes up?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube