add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help me out PC experts!

0704sam

38 months ago

Hi guys I am trying to build my first pc and cuz I am noob I hope you guys can help me out.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I am building my pc mainly for gaming (League, Overwatch, and Black Desert).

This is link to it: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/0704sam/saved/vyM8dC

I have a few questions regarding to this build which follow:

CPU: I have chosen non-K version because I am not going to OC my pc, however I am still deciding whether to go with 6600 or 6500. Is there any noticeable change between the two?

CPU cooler: Because this case only comes with 2 fans, I am thinking of adding a CPU cooler and additional 140mm case fan on the top. Am I over paying for unnecessary parts? And do you guys have any recommendations on which case fan should I go with?

Mobo: I went with H170 chipset because I am not going to OC my pc but when I searched for H170 mobos, I recognized that many of them are in the similar price range with Z170 mobos. Also there aren't many reviews and ratings for me to judge which are good or not. PLEASE recommend me any good H170 mobos or give me an advice :)

For other parts please tell me if you guys have better alternatives :)

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $215.43 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170-GAMING 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $108.85 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $75.10 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $68.57 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.87 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Strix Video Card $317.48 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case $78.37 @ NCIX US
Power Supply SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $55.31 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1002.98
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $972.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-10 16:50 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Since you don't plan on overclocking, the 6500 will do just fine. Also an after market cooler really isn't needed, the stock one will do fine.

Edit: Also if you drop the cooler and lower the CPU, I'd go for the 8GB RX 480 from MSI for $249.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, I'd go with the 1060. Some benchmarks are This and This

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't. Considering how close they are in performance (using the benchmarks you provided, there's pretty much no difference), the fact that AMD's drivers tend to make the card much better over time versus NVIDIA's crap drivers (which he should take into consideration if he plans to keep the card for longer than 2 years), and the huge difference in cost (~$100-$150), it hardly seems worth it to me.

Generally both are going to give very similar performance with the main difference being cost.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube