add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case and PSU opinions needed.

OmniPeuchent

38 months ago

Hi all!

I've had my pc for nearly a year now, which is the build you see in the link below. The only difference is then, I had the Cooler master g650m (which occasionally bugged out on me so DON'T buy that one), and also deepcool's steam castle case, which is a micro case, and I felt like things were cramped to the point where I was afraid to go into my pc to fix things, swap parts, or clean anything. My linked build has a new PSU and Case provided, and to me they both look like they'll be perfectly fine. The reason I'm requesting opinions is just to have a second opinion on my build by other people who may have experience with the parts I swapped, or who may simply notice an incompatibility issue that I've missed.

Thanks in advance! https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/OmniPeuchent/saved/YM9WZL

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That case is HUGE! A mid tower is more than enough

750 watts is overkill

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup it's very huge. The point is that I want to feel safe going in and playing around. My last pc was super crammed inside even though it was the right size (It was a micro ATX mid sized tower).

And yes... it is 750. That's the only g2 wattage they offer in my pc store around here. But with trauma from having a faulty PSU, I'd rather go overkill with the wattage. The psu is also widely considered to be tier one, so I know it'll last many years and definitely be future proof.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

A mid tower would be more than enough. It's not the size, but how efficient it is. I'd strongly recommend a smaller mid tower

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube