add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was trigger

sew333
  • 42 months ago

Hello. So today i left my pc running when i go to work, like always for 3 years. Windows 10 was running and only utorrent in background,thats all. When i back from work i saw black screen just before bios with this:

:"“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.” Press F1 to continue.

After this all working again good. All tests and benchmarks working fine without problems,stress tests passes fine. I am using that psu 3 years without single issue. Never had any restart or bsod or freez. So i am shocked by today issue.

"

So its my power supply gettin faulty? I measure voltages in bios and they are correct +12v 12.0v

One thing. Today in my block was checking electricity meters by electricians. Maybe thats why? Something with this? And electric fuse was switched in another room in my house.

My pc: 6700K stock

16gb DDR4

Corsair 750 RM

Gtx 1080

Asus Z170-P SSD Crucial Bx100

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 3 points

Disable ASUS Anti-Surge - it's 99% shutting down when nothing is actually wrong.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Yesterday in my house,electric fuse was switched to turn on cooker in my kitchen. During this power delivery was stopped for 4-5 second only. When power back on then pc automatically turns on and just before bios show me :"“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit. Press F1 to continue.” And then pc booted fine to Windows.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

How old is your RM750?

Could have been from the electricians. If the breaker was thrown, this helps that argument.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

RM750 3 years.

Yesterday in my house,electric fuse was switched to turn on cooker in my kitchen. During this power delivery was stopped for 1 second only. Then pc restarted and just before bios show me :"“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit. Press F1 to continue.” And then pc booted fine to Windows.

Is this normal ? Did it damage something? Why i get that message is this normal?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like the power just died and the message was displayed. I would not worry.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Power delivery was stopped for 1 second only. So why computer simply dont turn off but restart itself and made this warning :""“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.”?

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Because thats what happens when there are very short power blips. Normal

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok so that WARNING before entering to bios after stopped power delivery by switched electric fuse doesnt mean faulty psu?

“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit. Press F1 to continue.”

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube