add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Zzenith

38 months ago

Just wondering is these parts would work together. I would like to build a computer to play games like Rocket League and GTA V at reasonable resolutions and frame rates. I am sorry if these do not seem good as this is my first time building a PC. The power supply is super overkill because it was given to me by a friend. Thank you very much.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ygkbpb

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Very limited upgradability. If you wish to spend no more for a while, this might suit you.

BUT I highly recommend getting an Intel CPU (perhaps an i3 6100 for your price), a B150 MOBO (if you don't want to upgrade, just get an H110 MOBO. Otherwise, with a B150 you could change later to an i5 6500 which would greatly help with GTA V), a RX 460 (unless you can fix a 470 in), starting with a 240 GB SSD and upgrade down the road to a 1 TB HDD (this is more preference, of course), and DDR4 RAM (just cuz of the MOBO).

FX-CPU's are absolutely not worth it. Until AMD ZEN comes out, intel is almost a no- brainer. I'd recommend this video. Unfortunately, if you change your CPU you pretty much have to change most of the system. I'd only recommend a FX 8350 if you have an extremely tight budget and you edit videos; even then its not such a hot-shot.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube