add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good-solid 1080p gaming-streaming pc

blackborg

38 months ago

Hello! I'm going to buy a PC for streaming and gaming in 1080p, pref @60fps, not very demanding games, not the latest ones and i'm ok with high settings if what.. So here goes, PC is gonna cost around 850$. The parts i picked are not 100% that i'm going to buy, just because i couldn't find the right model which is sold in my country on the list here, so this is just approximately what i would get.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/blackborg/saved/

Wondering about the next items:

Case: (15-40$), no idea, just want some space for fans in front, at the side and/or top, to have good ventilation.

Any advice, would be really appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

CPU: i5 6500 Cooler: Stock should be ok Mobo: Is fine Memory: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kkL7YJ/kingston-memory-hx421c14fbk28 You should go with 2 sticks of 4 instead of 1 of 8. SSD: That's fine. HDD: Western Digital/Hitachi are reliable brands GPU: That's fine. Case: Case is cool. PSU: A Seasonic 520 Watt will do you fine.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. But why RAM should be 2 sticks? And i5-6500 is enough for streaming? I've read it uses quite some cpu resources. Also still going for a cpu cooler, even if it's for 10-15$, i think it will be better :D

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Two sticks has better performance than one. Think of it this way, you've got two workers, vs one worker. An i5-6500 is plenty for streaming.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Two sticks are better, i've read some stuff about it, but what if i would want to put another 8 Gigs in the rig. Dunno if 8 Gigs are enough for me :( Just realised this MOBO has 4 DIMM slots, but since it's dual channel, it's still better to use 2x8GB, instead of 4x4GB? Just in case i decide to have more RAM, can anyone clarify this?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The only difference between the i5-6500 and i5-6500k is that the 6500k can overclock. The 6500 is locked, so if you aren't going to overclock it at all, it'd be better to save a little here and put it somewhere else. And yes, the 2x8GB of RAM would be a much better choice. If you decide later down the road you want more RAM, you can throw in 2 more sticks. If you get the 4x4GB and then wanted to upgrade later, you'd have to replace them all at the same time, which is far more costly. And I'd try to at least get a BRONZE rated PSU, don't skimp out on your PSU. It can cause a lot of problems if you do.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info on CPU. I'm not skimping on PSU, like i wrote, i can spend up to 60$ on it, i'll think about bronze rated. But the RAM, i'm pretty sure i need 8 or 16 Gigs, with 4 slots and dual channel, so the question lies is 8 Gigs enough and whether to use 2 slots or 4 on a dual channel MOBO. Let me clarify my question, does a dual channel MOBO bottleneck when using 1 vs 2 vs 4 DIMM slots. Obviously 2 is better than 1. How bad or good is using 4?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube