add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
OhFrozen

38 months ago

This is my first PC, if anybody has any good parts they want to add please say it, and keep it at the price around (preferably under) with my build. Hoping I could play some GTA 5 with this just to try http://pcpartpicker.com/list/gvgK7h The mouse/keyboard I need, since Ive been running on a laptop and I didnt look to much at those and hopefully theres some better ones.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Here , I change most of your build. Enjoy your improved part list. I optimised your build for gaming.

• Increased your GPU and CPU horsepower

• Choosing a reliable Mouse and keyboard

• I reduce your PSU wattage for better budget

• I choose you a better case because Fractal Define R5 is for Higher budget build.

-Reduce to 8GB because game use less RAM

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NmdtCy

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

No build link/table.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Well... I really like the case, the rest...

TBH i feel like you should change the case too, while it's a really well reviewed model it's kinda expensive considering your budget, I'm guessing $500, this is what I'd suggest instead.

AMD's fm2+ platform is already known to be obsolete, they have a new range of cpus launching late this/early next year & they've announced that those chips (architecture codename zen) will need new mobos.

The gpu is kinda weak too tbh, the nvidia cards that begin "gt" are generally "media" cards, their proper gaming cards are all called "gtx".

Here's a couple of quick benchmark comparisons -

Tho nvidias next gen 1050ti is supposed to be launching in a few weeks and, so the rumours say, will have 960 level performance for 950 level pricing, so I'd prolly try and wait for that to land.

Also used a cheap keyb/mouse combo.

And a better quality psu -

The Seasonic S12II Bronze 430 W is a flawless power supply. It has superb voltage regulation, with all its voltages within 3% of their nominal values, extremely low noise and ripple levels, and efficiency between 83.2% and 86.3%, which is outstanding for an entry-level power supply. It is also worth mentioning the outstanding cable configuration for a 430 W unit, with two connectors for video cards and six SATA power connectors. And, to top it off, the price is more than right for all the features this power supply brings. In summary, you can buy this power supply with your eyes closed. You won’t regret it.

Intel build also gives you way better upgrade options as the 1151 mobo will be compatible with 2 more cpu lines over the next few years (kaby lake and cannon lake).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $110.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Asus B150M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $65.38 @ Newegg
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $34.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card $133.98 @ Newegg
Case DIYPC Zondda-B ATX Mid Tower Case $41.97 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Keyboard Kensington K72436AM Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $18.95 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $535.74
Mail-in rebates -$40.00
Total $495.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-13 20:51 EDT-0400
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube