add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How does this PC build look? Any errors and advice? Thx!

Flophop

38 months ago

Hi, this is my first build, and I'm not super good at this, I was wondering if you guys/gals could help me by reviewing it? I watched a video by a youtuber saying that sometimes pcpartpicker has some compatibility errors when it comes to height and size. I don't really understand what he means, so this is my build. Thanks in advance! pcpartpicker.com/list/NvXkD8

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Here's what I would recommend you. Change to a CPU that is cheaper but makes almost no impact on the gaming performance. For you to be able to overclock you need a Z170 Motherboard. Which one doesn't really matter. I went with the Asus Z170-A because of it's benchmarks in games. Also you will be able to use DDR4 RAM (with high speeds). Threw in an SSD, where you can store your system and everyday programs. An RX480 4GB should be enough for 1080p gaming. Also the sapphire cooler is the cheapest and one of the best imo. Switched out the 80+ Bronze power suplly with an 80+ Gold (less costs to pay later on). For the monitor i picked one with good reviews that was cheap to get.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $227.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $79.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $150.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $78.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card $219.99 @ NCIX US
Case Corsair SPEC-ALPHA ATX Mid Tower Case $79.99 @ B&H
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ Newegg
Monitor BenQ GL2460HM 24.0" 60Hz Monitor $139.00 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1151.31
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $1141.31
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-14 05:50 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Pretty much the same thing I was going to suggest. I would get what Jeb picked out. These are all very good, quality parts. When it comes to the SSD, its always a good idea to store your operating system on it when you first setup your computer. The HDD is good for just storage and files, but putting your OS on an SSD, boot times are insanely fast. Another word of advice, never skimp out on your motherboard or power supply. These are some of the most important parts on your computer; they literally both touch every piece, so a good motherboard and power supply is always recommended. Jeb selected very good parts. : )

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for taking the time to help me.. It means alot!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome! :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Would the rx480 that I had in my previous list easily replace the Sapphire?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

There are only 2 small differences you won't really realize.

1. It's the 4 GB version, but since you're playing on 1080p you shouldn't see those 4 Gigs running out for a game anytime soon.

2. The card is from a different manufacturer. Both are good, but I wouldn't pay an extra price tag, just to get the other.

All in all this option is better for your pocket (without compromising that much, or anything at all)!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube