add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build- Budget of $850, how did I do?

Esnevra

38 months ago

Hey guys, this will be my first build and am directly upgrading from a Windows XP computer to a gaming PC that hopefully will handle most games at medium or even low settings at 30-60fps (I'm not very picky after having survived 7 years with my XP :D)

My Dad wants all the components to be bought from MSY (excluding the OS and monitor) so that he can pay an extra fee (not part of the budget) for them to assemble it for me, he doesn't trust me at all to do it myself. :( MSY doesn't offer all the components I originally wanted to so yeah, I've had to work around that by picking not very popular parts.

The PSU is $60 from MSY and the monitor I'm getting is an Acer 19.5" G209HQL HD+ TN ($98), it's very small but will be perfect for my very small table :) I'm grateful for anything that will replace my square shaped monitor anyway. I will be redeeming Windows 10 Education for free from my high school before I leave, so the final cost is in actuality a total of $858. I'm sure my Dad won't mind the extra $8 as this will be kind of a "Congratulations on completing the HSC" gift.

I'm just looking for feedback to make sure that this build seems A-OK and possibly suggestions for swapping out any parts without raising the cost any further. Thank you!

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/bZsW9W

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Would switch that HDD for WD or Hitachi. I've read some data on HDD's and Seagate doesn't seem to be very reliable. Also if you're not going to be using DVD drive a lot, i think for that price u can get an external one, think that will be better.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube