add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus Z170a + corsair lpx 3200 + i5 6600k issues?

naus

38 months ago

I've got a question. I plan to build a pc using Asus Z170a + corsair vengeance lpx at 3200 (2x8) + i5 6600k, however I found lots of people saying they had problems with ram not running at 3200. Could there be any potential issue with this set up? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Here is the link for the build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf7MFd

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Depending on how much of an overclock you want to run on the CPU, I'd also suggest looking at the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler, as it looks great and performs excellent. Bit of a pain to install but it's worth it. Will second the comment on replacing the PSU.

Look at something like a 550-650 G2 or RMX unit

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. Nice people of pcpartpicker community for a second time pointing out to me that cooler and psu needs to be changed. Now I'm 100 % convinced to change it.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Any suggestions?

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube