add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions for choosing motherboards

KarmAngel

38 months ago

Hi every1 ^_^

Need help on choosing the Mobo

The things i want the motherboard to have/to do:

-Be ATX or EATX

-CPU socket: LGA 2011-3 (i think they are the most recent cpu socket) (is planning to fit a Intel Core i7-5930K or a Intel Core i7-6850K)

-Memory Type: DDR4

-Memory Channel: 4

-MAXIMUM SUPPORTED MEMORY: 64GB or 128GB

-SLI SUPPORT: 3 or 4 way SLI

-ONBOARD ETHERNET: 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps

-M.2 connection (at least 1)

-DirectX: 11 or 12 (if a Mobo has DirectX 11, can i upgrade it to DirectX 12? Is that possible?)

Also, i do a little research and this five Mobos, got my interest:

-Asus X99-DELUXE II ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

-Asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

-Asus X99-PRO/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

-Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

-MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard

I'm looking forward to your opinions, you are able to chose 1 of the 5 Mobos on the list or show me a new Mobo, that i didn't notice yet.

Msi Mobo is the 1 who i like the most. So, what do you think? :)

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

First off, the Asus X99-DELUXE II and the Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX are the only ones which will support the i7-6850K out of the box. The other 3 will need BIOS updates to support the 6850K.

They are all solid options for a high-end X99 motherboard if you really need all those features. I don't see any point in going higher than the Asus X99-PRO/ USB 3.1 with the 5930K as 5930K samples generally overclock better than 6850K samples (by reaching the same speeds at lower voltages), making up for some of the lost performance per clock.

Some people have been saying that MSI's quality control is not so good these days, and while some boards come DOA, others seem to die in less than a year according to some users. I'm not sure I'd take that chance.

So, those are my thoughts about it. ;-)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks :D This is a precious information for me! Really appreciate that ^_^

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

They are all quality boards. Go with the one that fits your build the best..

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yap, i'm trying but i want to make sure that the one i chose, doesn't brought me problems :P

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

The Gigabyte board is a solid board. I own one and haven't had an issue since I booted up the pc. It's a very new board and is apparently one of the few that can support RAM up to 4000 MHz, well the Z170 version does. Why anyone would need that is beyond me, but hey to each his own. Any of them would do you good, but I'd recommend the Gigabyte Designare board. Owned a lot of theirs boards over the years and each and every one has been flawless.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

That's good to hear :O Really good to know that i can count on Gigabyte's Mobos.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Huge thanks ^_^

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hahahaha liked the way you said it XD

Huge thanks oneshot2own

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I made this question on the motherboards section first, but i didn't got notice, so i decided to ask here... i didn't mean to spam the section "Part List Opinions Wanted"

Sorry :/

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i see your point of view

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube