38 months ago
This is a PC build which I am considering making and would like you guys to give your opinions and suggestions.
What I need this PC for: Gaming: I'm hoping to run modern AAA games at the highest settings (or close to) at 1080p and around 60fps. General Use: Web browsing, watching YouTube, doing some work etc.
PC Requirements I have a monitor, keyboard and mouse so these will not be included in this build. However, I do need a copy of Windows 10 (preferably the retail edition so it's not locked to one motherboard. I also have a HDD that I can use for storage, so there is no need to buy another one (the one in the build currently, marked as purchased, is the one I currently have, and I'm perfectly happy with it). I also prefer Intel for processors and nVdia for graphics cards (just a personal preference thing, got nothing against AMD). I have no plans to overclock my processor.
£850 ideal pricepoint. However I would be willing to up this to £900 if I can see a good reason to.
PC Part Reasonings
- Processor (i5-6600) - For this I was initially gonna go for the i5-6500, but I found this processor to be noticeably more powerful for not too much more money. Not planning to overclock in the near future so I didn't see the need to invest in an unlocked processor.
- Motherboard (Asus Z170-PRO) - Now, I know It may seem pointless to get a Z170 motherboard with an unlocked processor but... I really like this motherboard. It's got a really nice design and plenty of great features.
-RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB) - Its ram. Its 16gb, so futureproof. It looks nice. It's cheap. Did I mention it's RAM?
- Graphics Card (Palit GTX1060 6GB) - After a lot of research, I concluded that a graphics card in this kind of range would be best. I think I have decided on this. It has great DX11 performance and still pretty good performance at DX12. I decided on this model of the GTX1060 because it has two fans for better cooling and is the cheapest option. Though I have heard that the RX480 can rival it on the early DX12 (even edging it out in some cases) and vastly superior performance on Vulkan games), the DX11 perofrmance is quite lacking in comparison to the GTX1060. I believe that the GTX1060 is the better option, but I'm open to changing this to an RX480 (or another card alltogether) if there is a good reason to.
- Case (Corsair 200R) - This one isn't final at all. It looks like a decent case but I bet there is one better for a similar price. If you can think of a better alternative, let me know.
- PSU (Corsair CX550M 550W) - It's a PSU that won't explode (probably). It's modular which is a plus. And the wattage leaves plenty of headroom for overclocking, if I decide to do that in the future.
Pheew! This was a long post, but I wanted to let you guys know my wants for this build and reasons for the parts.
Thank you in advance for your response :)