add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

opinions on my gaming build

spyer9

38 months ago

as the title suggests I'm using this build for gaming purposes but on a tight budget of round 300. i was wondering if this was a good build for the price and if there are things i should change. link: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/NQ7BvV

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well,

• The processor is of the best you could get from Intel at this price point. I would consider AMD, just because they have more options at your budget. Perhaps an FX-6300 or similar.

• The motherboard is nothing special, I'm not sure why you picked this one. I would look for a processor/mobo bundle from Microcenter or another retailer.

• I would definitely go with a more reputable brand of RAM, even if it means you spend a bit more- it's worth the extra $5-10. Plus, if you want to add more later, the RAM should be cheap and still available later on.

• That HDD is pretty sketch. Please choose one that won't fizzle and die after a week (no offense :D). A couple days ago I got a 1TB Toshiba drive at Microcenter for $35.

• Nothing much to say about the GPU, good budget choice.

• Case is fine, I don't know anything about cases :P

• PLEASE don't get an Antec power supply. That's what you find dead and discarded at the side of the interstate. But, $22 is a steal if you think you can upgrade before it catches fire. It is 80+ Bronze though, that's good.

Let me know if you need clarification of if I can help you with anything else.

Edit: formatting.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

im getting it off of eBay

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube