add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How will my pc do on games?

Jackobradovitz

38 months ago

Here is my pc - http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hYwn2R

I am wanting to get 60+ FPS on medium to ultra settings. Games I will be playing CSGO, Minecraft, H1Z1, Battlefield 1, GTA V, WOW and some other rpg games how will my pc hold up? Thank you for your time.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Wrong forum...again.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

wrong forum, post this in "parts list and opinions". anyways, i replaced the psu with something more high quality, and i replaced the ram with slower ram because your motherboard only supports up to ddr4 2133, so you wont benefit from the higher speeds. i changed the case to a much cheaper (but not particularly worse) case. i added a much needed ssd too, for much much much faster ,load times. i also went with a better (imo) and much cheaper mouse as well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $174.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $53.88 @ OutletPC
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $34.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card $198.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $24.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $53.44 @ Amazon
Monitor Acer UM.WV6AA.B01 21.5" 60Hz Monitor Purchased For $0.00
Mouse Logitech G402 Wired Optical Mouse $37.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $667.76
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-15 21:00 EDT-0400

it costs a bit more though, but the end result is a much faster computer

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry about the wrong forum it may sound stupid but when I posted this i was using my phone and there is only one option i see so i used this one. Anyways, i am wondering is my motherboard good, like would i be able to upgrade later on in maybe a few years to a better CPU if i needed it. And what will the ssd increase with i thought it only helped with load up times for the computer does it help with ingame stuff as well like loading areas of the map. Thank you for changing my mouse that is the only one i saw must have not seen the logitech one. Last question, is my computer with the parts you changed and added able to play the games i listed? I will sooner or later upgrade some parts in maybe 4-5 years if needed.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

oh I see, makes sense. yes you will be able to upgrade later to a better cpu that uses the same socket as the current cpu (socket name: lga 1151). the ssd speeds up your boot times, and the time it takes to load an app, but it will not help in actual gaming performance as far as I know. and yes, you will still be able to play the games you listed.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your response. I am now looking at this build I have thought about it and I might not do a lot of upgrading and so I want something more future proof take a look at this. And I don't think I will be needing a ssd as I don't need that fast of start up times and loading this I can be patient lol

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nWq8Z8

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That seems like a pretty solid build to me. If you need something more future proof, I would go with the rx 480 for only $20 more.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube