add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Help with My First Build

foster016

38 months ago

To preface, this is my very first attempt at building my own PC. I already have the LG 4K UHD 27UD88-W monitor and would like to use my PC for basic web use and 4k video streaming. With that, will the build below suffice?

I'm currently not much of a gamer but I want something that is "future proof" for the next few years.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fmq8Z8

Thanks!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want a liquid cooler, I would get one that's 240mm as one's under 240 aren't worth buying most of the time. Check out the LEPA AquaChanger 240

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Not exactly set on liquid cooling, it just seems to be what most others pick. It's obviously quieter but is liquid typically more expensive?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It's actually louder most of the time

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know. What would you recommend?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

For air coolers?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

AIO is of awful value. You could get some faster RAM for cheaper. I would send the extra few dollars and get a Evga 550 watt G2.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube