add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1st Custom PC Build | Needs Help and opinions

WillDay

38 months ago

This is my 1st custom PC Build and need some help, I've watched a few videos on the components and have decided i want to go for an AMD build (as my current PC is a stock Intel build with a Gtx 750ti that replaced the gt 705, Its the Lenovo i5 H50-50)

This is the Build I'm thinking about getting. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/BPDH3F

I only really need it for 1080p 60+ fps gaming that can play all modern titles and ones that are relatively demanding and can also handle recording gameplay / using the OBS replays feature. I need the build to also be relatively quick at rendering and multitasking. However if an Intel Nvidia build would be cheaper, more efficient and be future proof i would be open to that also. I would also like the build to as versatile as possible and be able to upgrade and swap around. For example, swap the cards about, add more ram, put cards in SLI / CF ect.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Regards, Will

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The AMD CPUs aren't actually doing so well for gaming right now. They are old and have poor single core performance. If you really want to go for AMD I would say wait because AMD new 'Zen' CPUs should be releasing soon.vthey may perhaps be the best gaming value CPU.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help Man, much appreciated

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

For 10 Bucks more you will have a more future proof machine Changed the CPU the MOBO ( Intel's CPU better for gaming ) Also the Crossfire isn't effective 1070 will be enough to fille the role of 2 * 480 (you can SLI later )

The CPU fan is yours to change :)

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/f2cK7h

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help, i will certainly look into it and see what i options i have available but i will certainly consider this

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help, your build and viciousz suggestion is very similar and i will take this into consideration.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube