add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
PinnyPetal

38 months ago

Hi there,

New to this and wanting to make a PC that will last me a while in the gaming world??

Opinions greatly accepted!

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PppsKZ

Thank you, PinnyPetal

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Got some changes I would recommend you. Since you didn't mention that you want to use it for rendering/programming an i5-6600k will be more than sufficent. Also you kinda spent too much money on your motherboard. I prefer havin 16 Gigs of RAM, just to be sure and the price difference isn't too high either. Get an SSD! Just enough for your OS and most utilized programs. And please don't cheap out on the power supply or the case. This case is decent, got 2 integrated fans and has plenty of space for future upgrades. The PSU is Gold+, fully modular and has enough wattage for the future.

Cheers, Jeb

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £213.34 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £29.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £127.43 @ Amazon UK
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £84.98 @ Novatech
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £36.72 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £41.99 @ Novatech
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card £214.99 @ Scan.co.uk
Case NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case £63.87 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £70.97 @ Amazon UK
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit £85.09 @ More Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £969.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-17 15:11 BST+0100
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I would make the same change because since you wont be using your PC for rendering you wont need the i7.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree with you on the cooler. I just thought that it should be as cheap as possible. But Cryorig coolers are awesome! I myself got the R1 Universal and that thing is just a beast!

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the comments guy! Will have a look and amend my choices.

Mainly is for gaming tbh, so if you recommend i5 I'll change that ;)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

So I've changed some of it.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pd6tCy

This case I can add more fans to it... SO didn;t go for the more expensive cooler, but if you're strongly suggesting I should get the universal I shall change to that.

Also will get a SSD later down the line

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube