add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Arctic Demise - X99 Hardcore Enthusiast Build - Possible Project if KabyLake's i5/i7 6K & 7k Series are a disappointment

islandg@m3r

38 months ago

Hey Everyone, this is just a little mini project on a possible build that I might do as a "Rig Revamp/Upgrade" of my current Haswell Z87, if Kabylake's i7 7xxx series turns out to be no big performance increase (Like 15-25% increase) over my 4770k, because I for one am getting sick an tired of all these damn quad core releases.... =/

The color theme I will be going with in my next build I'm thinking along the lines of a triple color setup of White, Blue & Black. =) Will "maybe" attempt.....key word being "attempt" to paint my current black case to white, instead of going through the hassle of finding someone to buy it then having to buy the white version and wait for shipping.

Let me know what you all think should I try and sell it along with my old parts I'm replacing and actually buy an already painted white one & start this as a fresh build "OR" try an paint it and the parts I'm keeping off my old build myself, even though I never painted in my life outside of art class when I was a kid lol. =)

Enjoy the possibilities!!!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kmZ3RG

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What is this build for?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming, Streaming, Video uploading/editing, Benchmarking, OCing and some other uses

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like a fun upgrade, should look really sweet!

I myself painted my case (albeit just a little bit) and it was quite a bit of fun, worst case (pun) scenario you mess up and have to get a new case anyways. I am not at all artistically talented, but it's pretty easy to spray paint, just be patient and smooth

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube