add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help me choose my h100i v2 radiator fans before I go CRAZY

Oradei

39 months ago

As the title states I'm having trouble with choosing the fans for my H100i V2. Its too damn loud. I've done plenty of research and I'm currently looking for an optimal noise-level/performance ratio. Based of my research I've come down to 2 options.

-Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm (3-pin) (doesn't come with rubber edges for vibration reduction but I'm willing to add them.)

-Noctua NF-F12 2000 PWM (Heard mixed reviews on the silent factor of these.)

I'm not sure if these fans which will both be much quieter then the stock will improve the temps, but again, at least they will be much quieter. Would love to hear from those who have these fans.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't go wrong with Noctua..

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The Noctua fans aren't loud if you don't crank them up high. They also are PWM unlike the other fans which is a huge plus for it.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

would that be your choice?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

The Noctua Fans. I am actaully using the 3K versions right now. Set anywhere form 300RPM to 1500RPM they are pretty silent but after that they start to get loud.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube