add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

first build. opinions!

ThomasWolsing

38 months ago

i'm pretty sure about all the parts in this build apart from the mobo, i was advised this mobo by someone on this site and i like it because of its colour but the problem is it's micro atx and the s340 is an atx case. he said it wouldn't look weird but i searched a bit on the internet and i think it looks a bit weird so yeah if anyone could advise an atx mobo which is under 100$ and just plain black, white or a mix it would be amazing.

my list: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $195.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI B150M MORTAR ARCTIC Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $91.98 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $41.99 @ B&H
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card -
Case NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $66.69 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $85.70 @ My Choice Software
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $630.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-18 06:53 EDT-0400

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

how did you copy the full parts list to this post?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

you go to the saved part lists tab then you choose the part list you want you click on edit part list then you click on the pcpartpicker logo at the top of the part list and then just copy that

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Have a look at these ones

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

i'm sorry if my post wasn't clear but i am searching for a motherboard.

if it is because of my bad english i'm sorry again because it is my 3rd language

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Your english is fine, I just tried to solve the problem a different way :)

All black ATX MOBO

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

All black ATX MOBO

not really.. It has a brown pcb

check the photos.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5485#ov

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

so, mostly black ATX MOBO?

MSI is blacker I guess.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Here, I found a couple. The H170's are just are over a 100$, while the B150's are under 100$. Close to the black color scheme as I could get with the budget.

MSI H170A PC Mate - 102.99

Asus H170 PRO GAMING - 117.99

MSI B150 Gaming M3 - 84.98

Asus B150 PRO GAMING - 91.99

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Exactly! When you go over 80 bucks, non Z170 boards start to make little sense.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

I was giving them options, nothing more. I wasn't saying they had to get them, just something else for them to look at and consider. Z170-A is pointless with a locked processor, that is why I did not recommend one.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Mind you, this is their first build. They probably aren't looking to overclock, but it is a good recommendation just in case. This is not a competition, they will decide what they want in the end. All we can do is recommend something. More options is never a bad thing.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

+1

I agree with Awakening. The micro atx will look fine.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

oh this doesn't look that bad but i searched for an build in the s340 with a microatx and it looked very small: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FmnnTW

btw thank you so much the time and effort you take to do these things is amazing

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah great idea.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube