add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build - 1080p Mid Ranged Budget

jcruz518

38 months ago

Hey guys, so I've just recently finished with my first ever PC build. I would like your opinions and suggestions on it. I'm hoping to get more or less 60 FPS on DX11, DX12, etc. games for the next year or so without needing an upgrade. (By the way, motherboard is cheapest Mini-ITX MoBo I could find here, hopefully it can do the job)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $195.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $114.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $47.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $40.50 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB GAMING X Video Card $264.98 @ Newegg
Case Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case $59.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $62.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $866.92
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $836.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-18 09:23 EDT-0400

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Nailded. With this you will get +60fps on most titles @1080p. Enjoy!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Any way I can improve on it? :)

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

This is similar to my build( I have a different motherboard and 16 GB of RAM) you'll get 60 FPS in games like GTA v and most likely 55+ FPS in rise of the tomb raider (i get 57 atm)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the insight. Do you think that a different motherboard and more RAM would help?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $174.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $67.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $44.98 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $44.98 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $64.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB GAMING X Video Card $269.99 @ B&H
Case Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case $42.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $36.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $106.99 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor AOC G2260VWQ6 21.5" 75Hz Monitor $119.99 @ Best Buy
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1014.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-19 10:04 EDT-0400

This is my rig, and with more unoptimized games like mafia 3 taking up more ram, Im able to get better frames because I don't have to worry about running out ram. don't hesitate to get a 240 GB SSD, it's a lot more convenient. The motherboard is a good board, but it's a pain in the *** to reset the CMOS. The reason why is because it's a piece of plastic that you lift up out of its place and then put it back inside. Normally this would be easy but the peace so small and easy to lose that it's basically near impossible to do it perfectly, not to mention the fact that it's right under your GPU. The reason why is because it's a piece of plastic that you lift up out of its place and then I said back inside. Normally this would be easy but the peace so small and easy to lose that it's basically near impossible to do it perfectly, not to mention the fact that it's right under your GPU. So if you will I recommend getting a smaller GPU or a different case, because that case is a nightmare he comes to installing the RX 480. I spent two hours just trying to get in the card. The hardest part was the PCI E power from the PSU because there was so little space. To use the freesync in the monitor, you need a display port to use it.

But please, get an RX 480, not a GTX 1060. Also, DONT GET AN MSI RX 480 they have terrible coil whine at high fps above 60. The msi gaming app(with the led changer and all that) killed my fps(on gaming overclocking and silent mode) and caused TERRIBLE stuttering and crashes with my drivers(i stopped overclocking for that reason and because wattman cant save proflies universaly.(wattman can save for individual games though so dont worry) SO GET THE SAPPHIRE CARD OR XFX!!!!!!!!

Now for some benchmarks. I did all these games at 1080p with no advanced options and fxaa.

In metro last light I got 86 for the average 56 for the minimum and 141 for the maximum.

In GTA v max settings with only fxaa and no advanced settings i got 71 as the avg 55 as the min and 85 as the max.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider i got 57.91 as the avg 73 as the max and 32 as the min.

In Mafia 3(cringe at the optimization here lol) i got a 23 as min a 40 as a avg and 60 as a max.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I've been thinking about swapping out the MSI RX 480 8GB Gaming X with a Zotac GTX 1060 Mini or AMP! Edition, since my monitor doesn't support FreeSync nor GSync. Would this be a good decision?

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I see, since I want to have this PC perform well for the next few years, I assume the RX 480 would be the logical decision. So thanks!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you :)! Are there things left to improve on?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube