add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build case selection

Bootsaregood

73 months ago

So I've been swapping out parts for awhile now, and I think I now have a decent idea of what I want. This being my first build however I have no idea what I should be looking for in a case. Here's what I have:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2bs4u

My biggest concern is of course, everything fitting and working properly. I've seen the Corsair 300R recommend by some on here but I was curious if that what be able to fit a 770 if that's what I end up going with (770,760, or 280x are my options). Any suggestions to some cases and any tips as to what dimensions I should be looking at when see if a card or some other item is going to fit?

Thanks

Edit: Hoping to be in the $50-$80 range, but could go up to $100 if warranted.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

You can buy a really solid price value case in the NZXT Source 530. It's a full tower for just $90 and has a lot of space, but isn't too big. Most 280x's are really long (but they look cool like that) so Midtowers would probably need a hard drive cage removed, or else it would be a really tight fit. 760's and 770's are a bit shorter so you shouldn't have a problem fitting them in a midtower case. A good midtower choice would be any of the corsair "R" series cases, Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition (red and black), Bitfenix shinobi, or the nzxt phantom 410 (black is the cheapest)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube