add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Builder111111stTime

38 months ago

I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck for a custom built computer. I want it to be able to run well and keep up with the new games and allow future upgrades. I would like to keep it under 1000 and here is what I've come up with so far http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Builder111111stTime/saved/XFXP6h Thanks and have a good day. 8).

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 3 points

This will have much stronger gaming performance for your money. It will also be more upgrade-able due to the better motherboard which will allow you to overclock your cpu in the future if you choose to get a k series cpu. Since this build is still under budget, I would also add a 250GB ssd to help with loading and boot times.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $195.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $103.98 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $41.99 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card $229.15 @ B&H
Case NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $66.69 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $907.05
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $857.05
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-18 22:01 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Will the graphics card allow me to play games at decent temps? This doesn't have to be part of this but do you think it could also be able to record games and still keep good fps?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The Rx480 is a very capable 1080p card, you will probably get 60+ FPS and fairly low temps and will do a good job recording, although I kinda recommend an NVIDIA GPU so you can record with shadowplay, it's pretty nice to have, unless you really need the customization it's perfect

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I was looking at a 1060 3 gb, would that be better for recording and would it stay the same performance and temp wise?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It would be a good card, NVidia is also releasing the 1050 and 1050ti really soon

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube