add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1st build / or purchase ??

Shroyer13

38 months ago

I have never built a PC and am wanting to either purchase a Asus,CyberpowerPC, or build my own depending on how difficult it is. I know all of the pros on building my own, just need input on how difficult it can be with the parts I have picked for my build,

I am looking to stream my Xbox one gameplay thru the PC and start gaming on It as well. Want the best quality I can get.

I will include the links for both PC's I have picked to purchase and also include the build I have put together. Please let me know if you think it worth going for it and what experience you have had building or purchasing a PC ready to go.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Shroyer13/saved/TyxGXL

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive-black-red/4494400.p?skuId=4494400

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-liquid-cooled-desktop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-geforce-gtx-1070-240gb-solid-state-drive-3tb-hdd-black-orange/5374302.p?skuId=5374302

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The ASUS ROG only has a GTX 970 Here is a comparison to the GTX 1070, the 1070 is MUCH more powerfull, it also doesn't come with an SSD which makes things MUCH faster.

The Cyberpower PC is a decent deal although with prebuilds such as that to save cost they get the cheapest possible parts to ensure they can make money from the sale, and because they don't list specifically the parts you are getting with the build you may get some really average/poor parts included. (hopefully not the PSU)

Building your own PC is always the best bet to ensure quality parts, the building process is not difficult at all and can be achieved just by reading instructions that come with the parts purchased and from watching a couple of YouTube videos.

Also asking here with any Queries is always a good bet too.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I recently built my first PC, and it took me about ~3-4 hours, but most of it was just watching videos, but building a PC is the way to go

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Your parts list is a much better PC! (Not sure about the red RAM tho and for few dollars more you should go for a Gold PSU)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube