add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gpu and Monitor Choice

Vipper

38 months ago

So I'm in the final stages of my build (already built it minus the monitor and gpu, as well as some minor parts), and just as I was getting solidified in my monitor and gpu choice I found the pg27aq, https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TzfmP6/asus-monitor-pg27aq , while I was going to go for the pg279q, https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XvfmP6/asus-monitor-pg279q ,along with a gtx 1080, but I could switch and go with the pg27aq, for another $40, and get a titan xp for another $500, so my question is, Is 4k worth it? And my rig will be able to handle either graphics card, as I originally planned for SLI, at some point. Thank you!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

The GTX 1080 shall be able to give you high-ultra graphics on the 1440p display, but most probably not on the 4K display with demanding games.

Check out this article about the GTX Titan X Pascal.

The Titan X Pascal performs better, but the price is pretty high... So it's up to your budget really. :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was gonna have to go with the Titan xp, its not too much more than the 1080 I was looking at, but is it worth the extra money to game in 4k.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah ok cool, thanks

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice picks, that was the 1080 I was planning on going with, and I might switch to that acer.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

ok cool thanks for the advice

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube